At Bethel Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, a children’s Christmas party will be held on Dec. 9.
At Christ United Methodist Church, Bethel Park, a holiday concert will be presented by the Chancel Choir. “Christmas at Christ: Join in the Shout!” will be held at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 14, at the church located at 44 Highland Road. Admission is free.
At Church of the Atonement, Carnegie, healing services with a celebration of the Holy Eucharist are conducted at 6:30 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month. Those in need of healing will receive intentional prayers for their healing in body, mind and spirit. All denominations are welcome.
At In His Presence Church, 251 Brookwood Road, Venetia, a new second service and time schedule has been announced. Services are as follows: 9 to 10 a.m. Sunday – worship, message and Q&A with Pastor Dave Lacek; 10:30 a.m. to noon – extended worship, message and fellowship following the service. For more information, visit ihpchurchpa.com.
At Ruthfred Lutheran Church, Bethel Park, the First Sunday in Advent will be celebrated at the 8:30 and 11 a.m. services and also at the 6 p.m. service with Holy Communion served at all three. The Theme of Advent this year is “The Lights of Christmas: The Light of Christ.”
• A Christmas luncheon for the women of the church will be celebrated at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 2. Lunch will include a baked potato bar and salad catered by Peggy Cox of Cox’s Market in Monongahela.
• Craft and Sew group, 9:30 a.m. Dec. 3, in Fellowship Hall. Mission opportunities are available through this group.
For more information, call 412-835-7140 or visit www.ruthfred.org.
At South Hills Assembly of God, Bethel Park, GriefShare is offered from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays, through Dec. 13, or 10 a.m. to noon Fridays, through Dec. 14. Start anytime; return for any of the classes you missed. Registration is $15 and includes workbook. For more information, visit www.southhillsag.org.
At Saint John Evangelical Lutheran Church, Carnegie, Advent will be celebrated with the following events:
• Services of Holy Communion, 6 p.m. Saturdays and 10 a.m. Sundays, through Dec. 23, including lighting of the Advent wreath.
• Blue Christmas prayer service, 7 p.m. Dec. 2, featuring a time of silence, song and reflection for wholeness and healing.
• Music on the Avenue series, 3 p.m. Dec. 9, featuring The Bayfront Brass Quintet from Erie, along with Saint John’s organist Jeff Gray in a program of holiday music for brass and organ.
• Service of Lessons and Carols, 4 p.m. Dec. 16, at St. Luke’s Church in Carnegie, featuring the the Liturgical Choir of Saint John. For more information, visit www.saintjohncarnegie.com.
At The Bible Chapel, McMurray, A Pittsburgh Irish Christmas will be held from 3 and 6 p.m. Dec. 9. The concert will feature Christmas carol sing-alongs, orchestra, choir, soloists and fiddlers. Free. Childcare is available for children birth to age 2, but online registration is required.
• Chapel Sages Christmas Carol Celebration, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 19, featuring Christmas music, hors d’oeuvres and desserts. The event is free, but online registration is recommended.
• Special Needs Day Camp, 9 a.m. to noon on Dec. 27 and 28, for individuals with special needs ages 15 and younger. Siblings may attend or volunteer. A snack will be provided. Register at biblechapel.org/connect/special-needs.
• Young Adults Gathering is held at 7 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Women’s fitness classes are held various times throughout the week. All classes are $5 each, or purchase a 12-class punch card for $50.
For more information or to register, visit biblechapel.org.
At The Church of the Atonement, Episcopal in Carnegie, a Blue Christmas Healing Service with a Celebration of the Holy Eucharist will be held at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5. All who are in need of healing – to receive intentional prayers for their body, mind, and spirit – are encouraged to attend. Private requests for healing are responded to with discretion and respect. For information, visit http://www.atonementcarnegie.org.
At Trinity United Methodist Church, McMurray, a sign language worship service is offered at 9:30 a.m. Sundays.