At Church of the Atonement, Carnegie, healing services with a celebration of the Holy Eucharist are conducted at 6:30 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month. Those in need of healing will receive intentional prayers for their healing in body, mind and spirit. All denominations are welcome.
At Lakeview Christian Life Church, One Lakeview Place, Bridgeville, a new Christian Life Class is held from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Thursdays. To register, call the church office at 724-746-3200.
At Ruthfred Lutheran Church, Bethel Park, a new series entitled “Envisioning the Future” through the lens of the books of Ezra-Nehemiah continues.
• Journey through the Word meets at 9:15 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. The morning group is studying the seven churches of Revelation and the evening class has started a full season of looking at the Bible from the whole picture rather than individual stories. Register to assure book availability by calling the church office at 412-835-7140.
For more information or to register, visit www.ruthfred.org.
At Saint John Evangelical Lutheran Church, 601 Washington Ave., Carnegie, nationally-acclaimed organist Caroline J. Robinson will play the dedication recital for the new pipe organ at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 5. A free-will offering will be received. For more information, visit www.saintjohncarnegie.com or on Facebook: Saint John Lutheran Church — Carnegie, PA.
At South Hills Church of the Nazarene, 5601 Library Road, Bethel Park, a new session of Grief Share, led by Pastor Pat Sutton, meets from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays, or from 10 a.m. to noon on Fridays. This Bible-based support group consists of DVD teaching followed by time for discussion and sharing. Start anytime; return for any missed classes. Registration fee is $15 and includes a workbook.
• Lindsay Huggins will perform in concert at 9:30 a.m. Oct. 7. This highly sought-after worship leader and recording artist spent five years working for musician and actress Reba McEntire. The concert is free, but an offering will be taken.
For more information, visit shcn.org.
At The Bible Chapel, McMurray, Young Adults Gathering is held at 7 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Women’s Fitness Classes are held various times throughout the week. All classes are $5 each, or purchase a 12-class punch card for $50.
For more information or to register, visit biblechapel.org.
At Trinity United Methodist Church, McMurray, a sign language worship service is offered at 9:30 a.m. Sundays.
At Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, an Inquirers’ Gathering will be held from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Oct. 13. Explore what it means to be a faithful follower of Christ in the Presbyterian tradition. Registration required by phone.
• Blessing of the Pets, 2 p.m. Oct. 7, in the North Parking Lot of Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair. All people-friendly pets and their owners are invited. Meet in the WROC (gym) in case of inclement weather.
• Foundations Bible Study, 10 to 11:15 a.m. Mondays, Oct. 8-29.
• Grief Care Group, 6:45 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, Oct. 10-Nov. 14. This is a faith-based support group to help those dealing with the challenges of loss. The book “Beyond the Broken Heart: A Journey through Grief” by Julie Yarbrough will be used. There is no charge, but a $10 donation is suggested to cover the cost of the book.
For more information, visit www.westminster-church.org or call 412-835-6630.