Gone are the days when high school musicals consisted entirely of hits from the 1940s or 1950s. High Schools now present recent smashes like "The Addams Family" and "Little Mermaid."
The art installation Straw Forward at the Carnegie Science Center showcases the impact plastic straws have on the environment.
The much-ballyhooed "Hamilton: An American Musical" is at the Benedum Center in Pittsburgh through Jan. 27. It more than lives up to the hype that surrounds it.
Performers in all genres and talent levels are laying down the sound in monthly 'open mic' sessions at the Church of Atonement in Carnegie.
The band is celebrating the release of its second album, "Fearless Leader," now available at various record stores throughout Pittsburgh.
Meals on Wheels of Peters Township will host “Dishin’ with Meals on Wheels” from 6 to 9 p.m. Nov. 14 at its new McMurray location.
Marlene has been promoted to managing director of a London employment agency and is celebrating. The symbolic luncheon is attended by women in legend or history who offer perspectives on maternity and ambition. In a time warp, these ladies are also her co-workers, clients and relatives. Marl…
The Smithsonian-affiliated Senator John Heinz History Center will offer free admission to veterans and active duty military on Memorial Day weekend, May 25-27, in conjunction with “The Vietnam War: 1945-1975” exhibition.
- Bethel Park team finishes undefeated
- SHYFL Super Winners
- ‘PT Giving Back’: Peters Township residents raise money for food pantry
- Longtime Peters Township business owner, Rotarian dies at 92
- Longtime Peters Township resident surprised with party for 103rd birthday
- Upper St. Clair optimistic about basketball prospects
- Winter deer management approved in Mt. Lebanon
- South Hills churches among diocesan mergers creating new parishes
- Police department to take over community room in Peters Township
- Fifth-graders raise money for Bethel Park Public Library
In celebration of Women’s History Month, the Senator John Heinz History Center will host the world premiere of “The Rock,” a documentary about the life and legacy of Therese Rocco, from 7 to 9 p.m. March 7. During her career with the Pittsburgh Police Department, Rocco became one of America’…
Jump Cut Theater (JCT), formerly operated as Friends of the Hollywood Theater, has taken over the space formerly occupied by The Flying Squirrel ice cream & toy emporium located at 241 E. Main Street in Carnegie. Over the next few months, The Flying Squirrel space will be transformed int…