The Friends of the Montour Trail in Bethel Park will meet at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 2, in the Caucus Room behind Council Chambers in the Bethel Park Municipal Building. For more information, call Peter at 724-518-9251.
Bethel Park High School Band, Bethettes, Orchestra and Top 21 will once again be selling 12-inch hoagies as its main fundraiser. The three types of hoagies, which will be sold at different intervals throughout the school year, include Italian, special Italian (lettuce and tomato packaged separately and suitable for freezing), and turkey. Cost is $6 per hoagie. Order by Jan. 5; pick up Jan. 12. To order, call 412-831-1786 or see a squad member.
Ronald McDonald House
Bethel Park High School DECA is asking the community to help change a child’s life by supporting a program called “Pulling for the Ronald McDonald House.” Through Jan. 15, 2019, collect and save pull tabs from any aluminum can. Place the tabs in a Ziploc plastic bag and deliver them to any BPSD building. Collected tabs will be brought to a local recycling center where they will be weighed and redeemed for cash per pound. One hundred percent of the dollars raised from the redeemed pull tabs will be put into the direct operations of the Ronald McDonald House of Pittsburgh.
Lottery calendar sale
Saint Elizabeth Elementary School is holding two fundraisers. 2019 Lottery Calendars. are $30 with daily payouts of $50, nine days with a payout of $100, and two days at $150. Winners are determined based on the evening PA Lottery Pick 3 number- straight hit, first draw only. To request a specific number, contact the school office at 412- 881-2958 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. 2019 Enjoy Books are also being sold for $30 each through early December. They are available at the school or parish rectory.
McMurray Lions Club is selling Koeze Nut products, including cashews, mixed nuts, chocolates, caramel crunch and more. Purchase them as holiday gifts for family, friends and business associates. For a complete list of products and pricing, visit the club’s website at www.e-clubhouse.org/sites/mcmurray/. Proceeds go directly to help local Lions charities.
Holiday at Phipps
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens offers Family Fun Days from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 26-30, featuring free winter break activities (with admission) including crafts, plant potting and more. On Dec. 31, enjoy a New Year’s Eve Family Celebration including an early countdown at 8:45 p.m. plus New Year’s Eve-themed crafts, games and activities from 6 to 9 p.m., all free with admission. General admission is $17.95 for adults, $16.95 for seniors and students, and $11.95 for children ages 2-18. Daily hours for Winter Flower Show are 9:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. and 5 to 11 p.m. for Winter Light Garden. Phipps closes at 5 p.m. Dec. 24 and reopens at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 26. Reserve timed tickets to confirm your visit date and entry time at phipps.conservatory.org/tickets.
Free Christmas dinner
The Church of the Atonement, Episcopal located at 618 Washington Avenue in Carnegie will offer a free Christmas Day dinner and open dining room from 1 to 3 p.m. Dec. 25, featuring roasted pork, mashed potatoes, green beans, coleslaw, apple sauce, buttered rolls and a variety of desserts. Walk-ins and reservations are welcome. To reserve seating, call Megan at 412-531-1978.
Torah & Tea
Torah & Tea: A study group for women will be held at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 3, at Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon. Psychologist Sharon Saul, MS will present “Tips to Authentic Happiness.” There will be hot tea and refreshments. There is no fee. RSVP to Batya Rosenblum at email@example.com or 412-344-2424.
• The library will be closed Dec. 24 and 25. It will reopen at 10 a.m. Dec. 26.
• Break up the Boredom, 3 to 5 p.m. Dec. 26, and 2 and 3 p.m. Dec. 27. Activities over the spring break. Wednesday is movie day. refreshments provided.
• Jazz ‘n Samba, 8 p.m. Dec. 28, featuring Etta Cox and Kenia. Tickets include refreshments and a post-show reception and can be purchased at https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3895127.
For more, visit www.carnegiecarnegie.org. Register at 412-276-3456.
• Magic and Illusion, 7 p.m. Dec. 27, for grades 7 and up. Free. Register.
• Intro to 3D Printing for Kids and Tweens (grades 3-6), 1:30 p.m. Dec. 27 and Feb. 3, and 6:30 p.m. Jan. 3 and Feb. 6. Register for only one of the dates listed.
• 3D Printer Lab, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Dec. 27 and Feb. 3 and 23, and 6 to 8 p.m. Jan. 7. This class if for students in grades 3-6 who have taken Intro to 3D Printing. Register.
For more, visit www.bethelparklibrary.org. Register at 412-835-2207.
• Classic Movie Showing, 2 p.m. Dec. 28. In this classic movie starring Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed, an angel is sent from Heaven to help a frustrated businessman by showing him what life would have been like if he had never existed. Light refreshments provided. Registration appreciated.
• 2019 Enjoy coupon books are now available for purchase. Cost is $30. Proceeds benefit the library.
For more, visit castleshannonlibrary.org.
Noon Year’s Eve, 11 a.m. Dec. 31. Get ready for the New Year with a countdown to 12 o’clock noon. Families can share stories, songs, a craft and toast the New Year with some bubbly and treats.
For more, visit www.mtlebanonlibrary.org.
• WWII Discussion Group, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 26
• Those Were the Days Meet-Up, 10 to 11 a.m. Dec. 27, in Café Lee
• Mystery Gaming Tournament, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Dec. 28, for grades 6 and up
For more, visit www.ptlibrary.org.
New Years at Noon, 11 a.m. to noon on Dec. 31, for children of all ages. Count down to noon, have a ball drop, make crafts, play games, win prizes and eat snacks. Register.
For more, visit www.scottlibrary.org. Register online or call 412-429-5380.
Beginning in January, Synergy Performing Arts Academy located at 2510 Washington Road in Canonsburg will offer new classes for all ages, including voice/piano lessons and musical theater classes. For more information, contact Jen at 724-986-3292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WROC at Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, will offer the following health and fitness classes ranging from beginner to advanced, beginning the week of Jan. 2: adult open basketball, adult open volleyball, aerobics and strength training, cardio strength fusion (morning and evening), flow yoga (morning and evening), Tai Chi (55+ friendly class), total body sculpt and Zumba. In addition, Barre-Pilates Fusion classes will be offered from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, Jan. 10-Feb. 21. To register, visit wroc.westminster-church.org or call Kathy Long at 412-835-6630 ext. 200.