Library virtual programs
All Mt. Lebanon Public Library programs are being offered virtually. Coming soon are:
• Mind/Body Practice and Tai Chi, 10 a.m. Feb. 16. Discover the health benefits of integrated mind/body practice and learn about tai chi forms with David Clippinger, practitioner, scholar and master of tai chi and chi kung.
• Holistic Approach to Anxiety, 1 p.m. Feb. 16. Kate Mackin of the Himalayan Institute of Pittsburgh, located in Mt. Lebanon, presents tools to keep you balanced, create structure and give your mind a break.
• Yin Yoga, 2 p.m. Feb. 18. Monette Shuttleworth of the Himalayan Institute leads the monthly program.
• Virtual Chair Yoga, 1:30 p.m. Feb. 22, also is led by Shuttleworth.
• “101 Ways to Nurture Yourself,” 1 p.m. Feb. 23. Chris Mabon will discuss her book of that title.
• Why Louis Armstrong Matters, 7 p.m. Feb. 24. Tom Roberts, a leading exponent of early jazz piano, will give a presentation about how Armstrong changed everything we know about music. Find out how a native of one of the poorest and most dangerous neigh¬borhoods of the Deep South rose above poverty and prej¬udice to become America’s Ambassador of Goodwill. The presentation includes rare and recently discovered images and state-of-the-art restorations of Armstrong’s recordings.
For more information, visit https://mtlebanonlibrary.org/.
American Legion fish fry
American Legion Post 760, 2409 Bethel Church Road, Bethel Park, will hold fish fires starting Feb. 17, Ash Wednesday, and continuing each Friday through Lent.
Dinners will be served from 4 to 8 p.m. and are takeout only. Masks are required to enter the building.
The menu includes baked or fried Fish, shrimp, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, haluski, french fries and potato chips.
For more information, call 412-835-9690.
Elks fish fry
Pittsburgh South Hills Elks Lodge 2213 will host Lenten fish fries starting Ash Wednesday, Feb. 17.
Takeout is available and the dining room is open to the public at 2789 South Park Road, Bethel Park. Call 412-831-0616 to order. The menu includes fish sandwich, fish dinner, haluski, pierogies and clam chowder.