Dr. Edward Strimlan draws from his experience as an investigator to teach students about the discipline, as it applies to real life instead of television.
Diane Ford, who has been leading a Cultural Competencies and Inclusion Initiative at Bethel Park High School, wants to see similar efforts throughout the district.
Samantha Guthoerl, who as a high school student lost two family members to cancer, receives the 2020 Angel F. Miranda Award.
Technology is at the forefront of Heather and Tom Earley’s new Absolute Value Tutoring space in the Galleria of Mt. Lebanon.
The Upper St. Clair Board of Commissioners announces the resignation of C. Elise Logan, Ward 2 commissioner, and seeks a resident to serve the remainder of her term.
- Lifelong Bethel Park resident suggests expanding scope of fight against racism
- Peters Township graduate’s book sheds light on racist incident in Johnstown
- ‘A healthy option’: Clean Juice comes to Peters Township
- Change of venue: McMurray Rotary Club continues to adapt as necessary
- You name it: Mt. Lebanon tutoring business boasts variety of offerings
- Bethel Park graduate honored for self-determination, overcoming obstacles
- Director of diversity, equity and inclusion named for South Fayette schools
- Upper St. Clair School District reaches agreement with support staff union
- Wolfpack Boxing Club owner has heart for helping
- Upper St. Clair seeks applicants to fill commissioner’s post
Charles Herring, who created the district’s Student Diversity Leadership Committee, assumes the new administrative position.
Journalist Cody McDevitt has uncovered information about the largely forgotten banishment of 2,000 Black and Mexican people from the Cambria County city in 1923.
The annual President’s Dinner for the Peters Township service organization went a different, but still effective, route this year.
Juliette Langley, a member of the Peters Township High School Class of 2020, is honored with the highest award in Girl Scouting.
Improvements are on the way for Meadowcroft Park and Dixon Field, and the canopy over the fuel tanks at the municipal public works facility will be replaced.
Zeb Jansante takes over as an assistant superintendent on July 1, wrapping up his 14 years of heading the high school.
Pennsylvania American Water is replacing lines in the vicinity of the intersection of East McMurray, Thompsonville and Bebout roads.
The impact of COVID-19 is a consideration as the township moves forward on plans to construct a municipal swimming pool.
Douglas McCausland joins the district as finance director/business manager, and Joseph Villani and James Fodse take over as high school principal and assistant principal, respectively.
John Rezek, who heads the editorial staff of The Rotarian, provides insight as an online guest of the McMurray Rotary Club.
High school students put together a special tribute in the Alexander Gilfillan Garden, which supplies produce for the South Hills Interfaith Movement’s food pantries.