To minimize the potential spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19, the following have canceled or postponed events:
• Bethel Park: The Bethel Park Community Center will be closed through March 29. The closure pertains to all activities, programs, classes, meetings, events and private rentals.
Bethel Park Public Library will be closed through March 29. During the closure, patrons may keep any library materials at home, and late fees will not be charged. Items for pickup will be held until the library reopens.
The municipal building will be closed to the public but remain staffed and available to the public via telephone or email during normal business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Mt. Lebanon: Closed are Mt. Lebanon Public Library and the recreation. The tennis center, paddle courts, golf course and parks still are open, although individuals are encouraged to avoid large groups in those areas.
• South Fayette: South Fayette Township Municipal Building is closed to the public. The restriction is scheduled to remain in effect until April 1 or until further notice. Restricted building facilities include the township offices, meeting rooms, police station, library and senior center. In addition, the township has canceled all events, including parks and recreation programs, athletic association organized sports, and activities of the South Fayette Area Senior Citizens Association.
Meetings of the township Zoning Hearing Board, scheduled for March 25, and Planning Commission, March 26, are canceled. The April 24 Earth Cleanup Day event has been postponed.
• Peters Township: Peters Township Public Library and Community Recreation Center is closed. All organized recreation programs, including youth sports activities will be suspended during the closure. A day for the facilities to reopen has yet to be announced.
• Upper St. Clair: The Community and Recreation Center at Boyce Mayview Park township library are closed through at least March 27. The annual Easter egg hunt and the Arts & Chocolate Spectacular, both scheduled for March 28, are canceled.
• State Rep. Natalie Mihalek events: The office of state Rep. Natalie Mihalek, R-Upper St. Clair, has canceled several upcoming events, including a March 19 District Town Hall Meeting, an April 2 reading session at Upper St. Clair children’s library and an April 3 “Walk with Your Legislator” event at the Montour Trail.
• State Sen. Pam Iovino: State Sen. Pam Iovino, D-Mt. Lebanon, is closing her district offices in Bethel Park and Robinson Township starting Monday. Iovino’s staff will continue to provide constituent services through the phone, email, U.S. mail and fax.
• South Park Township: The library in South Park Township is closed, with all programs and events canceled until further notice. Book sale donations are suspended until April 2. Reserved materials will be held until one week after the library reopens.
Also, Friends of South Park Library is canceling all fitness held in the township community center building until further notice.
• Bethel Art Guild: The meeting scheduled for April 2 has been canceled.
• Chabad of the South Hills: A children’s event scheduled from 2:30 to 4 p.m. March 29 will be conducted online.
Mah Nishtana Magic was to be held at the South Hills JCC. Children will have the opportunity to learn and practice optical illusions as led by magician and illusionist Ilan Smith. More information is available at www.chabadsh.com or by calling 412-344-2424, or emailing email@example.com.
• Community Band South: The annual festival scheduled for March 28 is canceled.
• Mt. Lebanon Junior Women’s Club: The “Viva el Bingo” event scheduled for March 28 at the Bethel Park Community Center has been canceled. The club still will be raise money for the Young Women’s Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation by hosting an online silent auction.
Bidding will open at noon March 24 and run until noon March 29. The link will be www.charityauctionstoday.com/auctions/viva-el-bingo-10995.
• South Hills Chorale: The 60th Anniversary Concert scheduled for May 1 and 2 at Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, has been canceled.
• Spencer Family YMCA: The YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh is closing its facilities, including the Spencer Family Y in Bethel Park, with an anticipated reopening date of March 30.
• Temple Emanuel: The Meet the Author event scheduled for March 22 at Temple Emanuel of Mt. Lebanon has been postponed.
The list will be updated as more information is received.