Horror Realm Con, Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention, is returning after a two-year hiatus.
The show runs from March 6 to 8 at Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South Hotel in Bethel Park, where the event started in 2009.
This year’s convention features many first-time guests that are known well to horror fans in the area, including:
- Master of horror and local effects legend Tom Savini;
- Patricia Tallman, best known for her starring roles in Savini’s “Night of the Living Dead” (1990) and the TV series “Babylon 5;”
- Caroline Williams, actress and producer who played Stretch in “Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2;”
- Kelli Maroney who appeared in the movies “Night of the Comet,” “Chopping Mall,” “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” and soap operas “Ryan’s Hope” and “One Life to Live;”
- Judie Aronson, from “Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter,” “Weird Science” and “American Ninja;”
- David Howard Thornton, who is known for work in stage, screen and voiceover, and played Art the Clown in the “Terrifier” film series;
- Tony Moran, who played the unmasked Michael Myers in the 1978 horror classic “Halloween” and also appeared in the film “Death House;”
- Tiffany Shepis, who has been a guest at Horror Realm several times, including the first show in 2009, and has been in horror films including “Victor Crowley,” “‘Tales of Halloween’ and ‘Sharknado 2;’”
- Filmmakers Mike Watt and Amy Lynn Best of Happy Cloud Media, and Fred and Shelby Vogel of Toe Tag
The celebrity guests will be available to meet and greet fans, sign autographs and take photos during the show’s main hours of 5 to 10 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
Horror Realm also features a dealer room with more than 40 vendors selling horror-themed merchandise, including toys and collectibles, DVDs, T-shirts, jewelry, artwork and lots more. There also will be question-and-answer panels, film screenings, a horror tattoo contest and Horror Match Game event.
Two after-hours parties are on the schedule.
Business Entertainment presents the Friday night party beginning at 10:30, featuring host Skippy Ickum and entertainers Ghozt Tha Demented, Demo Demon, Crazez, Morbid Sikosis, Prime 8, 9 Stitch Method, Tha Grimey Onez and the Brutal Business Babez.
Saturday night is the Horror Realm Reunion party with DJ Greg from Vinyl Remains record store in Mt. Lebanon, beginning at 9. Attendees are encouraged to wear a favorite costume from past Horror Realm parties or come as their favorite horror character. Costumes are encouraged but not required.
The parties are free with convention admission and $5 otherwise. A cash bar will be available.
Admission is $40 for a weekend pass, $20 for Friday only, $25 for Saturday only and $15 for Sunday only. Active duty military personnel and veterans receive one free one-day admission with valid identification. Children under 16 are admitted free with a paid adult.
Horror Realm, with the assistance of the Pittsburgh Zombie Squad, raises funds for a local charity each year. The 2020 recipient is Ellie’s Pet Pantry, a program of Humane Animal Rescue that supplies members of the local community with food for hungry pets, assisting families that have fallen on hard times and are struggling to keep their families intact.
Zombie Squad will be holding a special sale of gently used Coach wallets and purses and special t-shirts honoring Pittsburgh’s “Chiller Theater,” and accepting cash and pet food donations.