A portion of Mayview Road in South Fayette Township will be closed Nov. 9 through Nov. 13 for landslide repairs, weather permitting. Originally, the closure span had been scheduled for for Nov. 2-6.
The closure will begin about 7 a.m. Nov. 9 between Hastings Crescent in South Fayette and the entrance to the Boyce Mayview Park Community and Recreation Center in Upper St. Clair. The road will remain closed to thru-traffic continuously through Nov. 13.
The posted detour north of the closure is:
- From Mayview Road, turn right onto Lesnett Road;
- Turn right onto McLaughlin Run Road;
- Take the ramp to South Route 19 (Washington Road) toward Washington;
- Turn right onto Boyce Road;
- Follow Boyce Road back to Mayview Road at the traffic light to the west of Chartiers Creek.
The same detour in the opposite direction is posted for south of the closed stretch of road.
The work is being completed by a private developer. Neither South Fayette Township nor the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is involved in the project.