Mt. Lebanon Public Library has created themed “adult surprise bags” for borrowing.
Each bag is prepared with care and thought by library staff. Bags can include any combination of works of nonfiction and fiction, DVDs and CDs. Special attention will be given to the most engaging and visually appealing works.
All items will have an extended check out date of one month.
- Armchair Travel Adventures, themed by a surprise location. Travel the world from the warm glow of your lamp and your most comfortable reading chair. Each bag will focus on one destination that will be delightful and enchanting.
- Food for Thought, themed by type of cooking or baking. All bags will include cookbooks that are interesting enough to just read for those of us who love food but do not like to make it.
- A Hygge Hug. This bag is all about evoking a sense of coziness. As the weather gets colder and the days shorter, it will provide inspiration for warm thoughts and living.
- Zen in a Bag. All items will focus on finding peace and centeredness in one’s life.
- History Lesson in a Bag. Many topics will be featured, from ancient Egypt to beer.
- Blooms in a Bag, themed by types of gardens or gardening. All items will be selected on their ability to be captivating and inspiring.
For more information or to check out a bag, visit mtlebanonlibrary.org/FormCenter/Online-Forms-3/Surprise-Bags-for-Adults-84.