In support of local businesses, the municipality of Bethel Park is coordinating the Spring Makeover Challenge through June 20.
The program is a joint effort of the Buy Bethel Initiative and the Bethel Park Kindness Project.
“We felt that this would be an enjoyable spring event for Bethel Park that would also support our local business community,” BP Mayor Jack Allen said. “We’d love for everyone to participate, and the great thing is that residents may already be doing what’s needed to be part of the fun.”
Project before-and-after photos of residents’ home improvement projects can be submitted to the Municipality of Bethel Park Facebook page under a special Spring Makeover post.
“When you submit photos, don’t forget to include the names of any local businesses where you purchased flowers, plants or other supplies or materials that helped make the project happen,” Allen said. “Your photos may inspire others, and by posting where you purchased everything, you’ll help save them time as well as help the business owner.”
Entry categories are:
- Window/Door Decorating – Decorate windows and/or doors of your home in a spring theme.
- Planting/Growing – children (up to age 10, and ages 11 and older), flowers grown in either pots or in a garden/ground; adults, flowers and plants of any type, pots or ground.
- Landscaping – larger-scale projects to the front or rear of a home or business, such as retaining walls, fencing, pavers, fire pits, patios and walkways.
- Water Gardening – ponds, pond plants, and structures/plants in and around the pond.
- Home Improvement – any changes to a home’s façade.
Everyone who submits photos will be entered into a prize drawing that will held at the July Municipal Council meeting. Winners will be notified via Facebook.
“We’re also going to be posting a variety of informative ‘how-to’ videos throughout the project,” Allen said.
To view videos, visit the Bethel Park Spring Makeover page at www.bethelpark.net. During the project, videos will feature local experts offering ideas, inspiration and guidance.
Special participant discounts or other surprises may possibly be added along the way and videos will be added throughout the project, which is open to Bethel Park residents and businesses.